( KTRS ) A Columbia man has admitted to renting a motel room where a teen girl died of a heroin overdose.
The U.S. attorney’s office says that 29-year-old Jon Patrick Washington pleaded guilty Thursday to maintaining a drug-involved premise.
Prosecutors say Columbia police officers responded to a suspected heroin overdose death at a now-closed Columbia motel in April 2014. Washington admitted that he rented a room at the motel for the purpose of using heroin.
Washington also admitted that he had injected the 16 yr old with heroin before her death.