Hi. We’re Christine and Charlie and We Eat Stuff. We live in St. Louis and have an awesome dog named Waffles.
Kyle Parks chef and instructor at L’Ecole Culinaire new restaurant ‘Cork and Slice’ opening soon
Kyle Parks’ Chocolate Cake Recipe
2 cups flour (cake flour for light and fluffy/all purpose works fine)
2 cups granulated sugar
¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder/ more for dusting
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 cup coffee
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 each eggs
Pan spray as needed
1. Sift all dry ingredients together and place in the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl will suffice).
2. Add all of the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until fully incorporated and there are no visible clumps. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Prepare your cake pan or muffin tins by spraying with pan spray. Dust then with cocoa powder to prevent any sticking. Flour will work fine, but will leave a chalky looking residue on your cake.
4. Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool completely before attempting to remove.
6. Lay down a piece of plastic wrap on a clean table and invert your cake. Place a cutting board over and invert again. Your cake is now ready to slice or decorate as you like.
7. Enjoy! Share if you must..
Chef Kyle Parks