St. Louis, MO (KTRS) A Los Angeles company is recalling tea made from deer antlers after two people who drank it got sick.
Health officials said the tea may be contaminated with botulism. The company, U.S. Deer Antlers Exports and Imports sold the tea to acupuncturists in Illinois, California, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, North Carolina, Texas and Virginia.
Illinois. The tea is sold in 6-inch by 4-inch plastic packaging with Korean language text and drawings of deer on it.
The health department says initial symptoms of botulism include blurred vision and sore throat, and that paralysis of muscles and difficulty swallowing and breathing can follow.