Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic
Monday, 10 February 2014 14:16 Published in Local News
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Archdiocese of St. Louis has turned over names of priests accused of sexually abusing minors over a 20-year period, though the names will not be made public.
The Missouri Supreme Court ruled last week that the archdiocese must release the names of more than 100 church employees accused of abuse. The list is under seal and available only to the judge who granted the order and attorneys involved in litigation.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday that the names were turned over, but said it was unclear how many names were released.
The disclosure is part of 2011 lawsuit filed on behalf of a then-19-year-old woman who claimed abuse by since-defrocked Rev. Joseph Ross, starting when she was 5 at St. Cronan's parish.
Monday, 10 February 2014 14:12 Published in Local News
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - Former U.S. Attorney Catherine Hanaway says she is running for Missouri governor in 2016.
Hanaway's announcement Monday makes her the first Republican to enter the race. Democratic Attorney General Chris Koster has been building a gubernatorial campaign since last year.
The office will be open because Democratic Gov. Jay Nixon is barred by term limits from seeking re-election.
Hanaway is a former state lawmaker from St. Louis County who in 2003 became the first women to serve as Missouri House speaker after helping Republicans win a majority in the chamber.
She lost a bid for secretary of state in 2004 but was appointed the next year by President George W. Bush to serve as U.S. attorney for the eastern Missouri. She held that position until April 2009.
MOUNT VERNON, Ill. (AP) - A man serving life in prison for the 2009 killings of his wife and their two young sons in southwestern Illinois is asking for his convictions to be tossed on claims that decisions by the trial judge prejudiced jurors against him.
An attorney for Christopher Coleman argues in a petition with the Mount Vernon-based 5th District Appellate Court that jurors were wrongly allowed to see videos and photographs of Coleman and his lover.
Coleman's appeal also argues that prosecutors didn't sufficiently prove their case.
Thirty-seven-year-old Coleman was convicted of strangling his wife and sons at the Coleman's Columbia home in 2009.
He is serving his life sentences at a prison outside of Illinois.
The state appellate prosecutor's office has until March 31 to file a response to the appeal.