A bit of history has returned to St. Louis. A small airplane once owned by Charles Lindbergh is now back on display at Lambert Airport.
Officials from the Missouri History Museum spent hours over the weekend installing the 1934 D-127 Monocoupe aircraft, which hangs once again over the C Concourse in Terminal 1.
The museum also installed a new interactive kiosk near the plane that displays the history of Lambert and Lindbergh. The plane was originally installed at Lambert in 1979. It was removed in March 2011 as part of terminal renovations.
Lambert officials say that over the years, the plane accumulated dust and other airborne pollutants so a conservation effort was necessary to make sure the plane was preserved.