Click for St. Louis, Missouri Forecast

// a href = ./ // St Louis News, Weather, Sports, The Big 550 AM, St Louis Traffic, Breaking News in St Louis

 
 
 
ST. LOUIS (AP) - The Missouri Supreme Court says the Archdiocese of St. Louis must release the names of  church employees accused of sexual abuse over the past 20 years.
 
The Wednesday ruling upholds a St. Louis judge's earlier decision. The names will be released only to an unnamed woman suing the diocese and her attorneys, not to the general public.
 
The archdiocese subsequently released a list of 240 complaints made against 115 priests and other employees since 1986. A court order keeps the names sealed to the public.
 
The lawsuit was filed in 2011 by a 19-year--old woman who claimed the abuse began when she was 5 years old and attended St. Cronan's parish.
 
The priest had been convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy at a parish in University City decades earlier.
Published in Local News

A St. Louis priest accused of molesting a teen, is no longer facing charges.

Father Joseph Jiang had pleaded not guilty to a child endangerment charge before the case was dismissed today. A lawsuit filed on behalf of the victim's family is still active. The family claims that Archbishop Robert Carlson did nothing to stop the abuse.

The Survivors Network of these Abused by Priests released saying they are disappointed. They are now asking for anyone who may have seen or suffered abuse by Father Jiang or others, step forward.

Published in Local News

Members of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, or SNAP, are gathering outside the Cathedral Basilica today.

The gathering comes a week before Archbishop Robert Carlson is expected to give testimony in a criminal case. Carlson is one of two basilica officials subpoenaed in the case. Prosecutors allege that a fromer associate pastor of the Cathedral Basilica fondled a teenage girl in 2012.

SNAP officials believe this is the first time Carlson has been subpoenaed in a criminal case.

Published in Local News

The parents of a young man who committed suicide four years ago want to hold the St. Louis Archdiocese accountable, so they're suing.

KTRS' Vicki Pimentel report the lawsuit claims an alleged sexual assault of the then 13 year old boy at a seminary camp led to a deep depression and ultimately his suicide at age 21.

The suit names the Archdiocese, Archbishop Robert Carlson and defrocked priest Bryan Kuchar as defendants. David Clohessy of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests says the Archdiocese has protected priests like Kuchar for too long. "We think it's irresponsible of church officials to recruit, educate, ordain, hire, train, transfer, shield and protect predator priests and then suddenly cut them loose when the legal and public relations heat becomes too hot."

Kuchar has been at the center of investigations before. He was convicted in 2003 of second degree sodomy of a 14 year old boy.  

Published in Local News

Latest News

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Prev Next
Belleville Police ask for help to locate missing boy

Belleville Police ask for help to locate missing boy

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - Belleville Police are asking for the public's help to find a boy they believe was taken by his non-custodial mother.    Police issued a ...

Universities examine bans of 'selfies' at graduations

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - It may be coming to a college near you.......with graduation season upon us, bans on selfies are being suggested.   Two universities are the ...

Boeing offers buyouts to some St. Louis workers

Boeing offers buyouts to some St. Louis workers

(ST. LOUIS, AP) — The Boeing Co. is offering buyouts to some of its nonunion employees in the St. Louis region. The company on Tuesday sent an email to 12,000 workers an...

PRO-RUSSIAN INSURGENTS HOLD US JOURNALIST CAPTIVE

PRO-RUSSIAN INSURGENTS HOLD US JOURNALIST CAPTIVE

DONETSK, Ukraine (AP) — Pro-Russian gunmen in eastern Ukraine admitted on Wednesday that they are holding an American journalist, saying he was suspected of unspecified "bad act...

OBAMA OPENS JAPAN TRIP AT FAMOUS SUSHI RESTAURANT

OBAMA OPENS JAPAN TRIP AT FAMOUS SUSHI RESTAURANT

TOKYO (AP) — President Barack Obama on Wednesday opened a four-country Asia tour aimed at reassuring allies in the region that the U.S. remains a committed economic, military an...

© 2013 KTRS All Rights Reserved