A beloved south city business will reopen this morning after fire forced it to close early Sunday.
Employees at the Ted Drewes Frozen Custard stand on Chippewa called firefighters about 1:00 p.m. after smelling smoke. Fire crews discovered a small electrical fire that apparently started in the attic. It was quickly extinguished.
The iconic building sustained smoke and water damage. Crews spent the rest of the day Sunday cleaning up the mess and company officials say it will reopen at 11 a.m. Monday.