Click for St. Louis, Missouri Forecast

// a href = ./ // St Louis News, Weather, Sports, The Big 550 AM, St Louis Traffic, Breaking News in St Louis

Online pharmacy:fesmag.com/tem

Have you a sex problem? Please visit our site:fesmag.com/medic

Site map
 
 
 

A Steelville man faces charges for allegedly shooting and killing a man during an argument.

Witnesses say James Crocker was arguing with Paul Dart Jr over whether Dart was standing on private or public property. The argument escalated and that is when police say Crocker fired several shots at Dart--one bullet hit him in the head. Dart was pronounced dead just a short time later.

Crocker faces second-degree murder charges and is held on a $650,000 bond.

Published in Local News

   Recent efforts to curb crime are working.  That's according to St. Louis Police Chief Sam Dotson when he spoke with hundreds of people who gathered at the Demetrious Johnson Center for a town hall meeting Thursday night.  

   Mayor Francis Slay was also there along with several parents of murdered children.  All seemed to agree that keeping the dialog going was critical to fighting violent crime in the city.  

   Chief Dotson says a total of 56 people have been murdered in St. Louis in 2013, 10 fewer than by this time last year. He credits a recent surge of ATF agents in the city with taking more than 200 criminals of the streets.

Published in Local News

Charges are filed against a St. Louis County woman for allegedly stabbing her husband to death.

Police say they were called to the couple's home around 1 AM Thursday for an apparent homicide. That is where they found 76-year-old Ivan Mullenix Sr. dead from an apparent stabbing. Officers also found 69-year-old Mary Mullenix in the house and she was taking into custody.

Town and Country Police say they were called to same house earlier for a domestic disturbance.

Mary Mullenix is held on a half-million dollar bond.

Published in Local News
Saturday, 13 July 2013 08:45

St. Louis man convicted in 2011 shooting

ST. LOUIS (AP) — One of three men accused in a 2011 shooting death in St. Louis has been found guilty of first-degree murder.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that a jury convicted 21-year-old Michael Ford the Third on Thursday after a four-day trial.

Ford was accused in the death of 22-year-old Calvin Ross, whose body was found in July 2011 in an alley. Authorities say he had been repeatedly shot.

Two co-defendants, DeJuan Blocker of Spanish Lake and Antoine Barton of St. Louis, have pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and armed criminal action. They await trial.

Published in Local News

   PACIFIC, Mo. (AP) - A St. Louis area man faces a murder charge after he allegedly provided heroin to a woman who later died of an overdose.

   Franklin County authorities say 27-year-old Christopher Albrecht was charged Wednesday with second-degree murder and heroin distribution. He is being held on $100,000 bail.

   The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports Albrecht allegedly supplied heroin to 32-year-old Danielle Jeanine Barlow and her boyfriend in April. The boyfriend overdosed first but Barlow and her 11-year-old son were able to revive him.

   Police say after he woke up, Barlow took another dose and was found dead the next morning.

 

Published in Local News

MIAMI (AP) - Documents show a man linked to the murder case against former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez told police Hernandez admitted firing the fatal shots.

   Carlos Ortiz reportedly told Massachusetts investigators that another man, Ernest Wallace, said Hernandez admitted shooting Odin Lloyd in an industrial park near Hernandez's Massachusetts home.

 

   The documents were filed in court by the Miramar, Fla., police department to justify a search of Wallace's home in that city.

   The documents also say that while investigating Lloyd's killing, police did searches in Bristol, Conn., that turned up a vehicle wanted in connection with a July 2012 double homicide in Boston.

 

   Police say the vehicle had been rented in the name of Hernandez.

 

   Hernandez's legal team did not return email messages Tuesday.

 

   THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

 

   Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was "argumentative" and slammed the door on police during their first encounter following his friend's death, according to court records.

 

   He also called his girlfriend's cellphone and stopped her from speaking with police after they pulled her over and told her the friend, Odin Lloyd, was dead.

 

   Hernandez was later accused of orchestrating Lloyd's death in an industrial park near Hernandez's home.

 

   According to an affidavit attached to search warrants unsealed Tuesday, Hernandez approached police after he noticed them parked outside his North Attleboro home on June 17, the day Lloyd's body was found.

 

   Police said they asked him about an SUV he had rented. Hernandez told them he rented it for Lloyd and had last seen him in Boston the day before, the documents said.

 

   The affidavit then said Hernandez became argumentative, asked "what's with all the questions?" and locked the door of his house behind him.

 

   He then returned with his attorney's business card, and didn't respond when police told him they were investigating a death.

 

   "Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him," the records read. "Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez's demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person."

 

   Hernandez came out about 10 minutes later and agreed to be questioned at a police station, according to the documents.

 

   Hernandez is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder in the killing of Lloyd, whose bullet-ridden body was found in an industrial area near Hernandez's North Attleborough home.

 

   His attorneys have said the evidence against him is circumstantial and that Hernandez is anxious to clear his name.

 

   Eight search warrants were unsealed Tuesday after news organizations sought access to the records.

 

   The search warrants reveal the breadth of the investigation, with authorities scouring through everything from Hernandez's house to the contents of his team locker, which the Patriots had emptied into a container.

 

   Among the items police seized were a rifle and ammunition found in Hernandez's home.

 

   The records also detailed a discussion police had with Hernandez's girlfriend, Shayanna Jenkins, after she dropped him off at the police station.

 

   Police said they pulled her over and she immediately burst into tears when she heard Lloyd was dead. She later told them she had last seen him two days earlier, according to the documents.

 

   She also said she had been out to a Father's Day dinner with Hernandez on June 16, but they returned home early and she went to bed. She said Hernandez was away that night and she didn't know who he was with.

 

   The records said Jenkins then received a call from Hernandez, who told her his agent had advised him to tell her not to speak to police.

 

   The documents also offer some details about June 14, the Friday before the shooting, when prosecutors say Hernandez and Lloyd went to a Boston nightclub, Rumor. Prosecutors say Hernandez orchestrated Lloyd's shooting because he was upset at him for talking to certain people at the club.

 

   One witness who works in the area near Rumor told police he saw Hernandez entering the club with what appeared to be a handgun, the documents said.

 

   And Lloyd's girlfriend said Lloyd told her he was out with Hernandez that night and they didn't come home because they'd gotten drunk and slept elsewhere, according to the records.

 

   Also Tuesday, a man who faces a gun charge in the case agreed to remain in jail until a hearing next month.

 

   Carlos Ortiz, 27, appeared in Attleboro District Court, where a hearing to determine if he is a danger to the community was scheduled for Aug. 14. If Ortiz is determined to be dangerous, he can be held without bail for 90 days.

 

   Ortiz is from Hernandez's hometown of Bristol, Conn., and authorities say he was with Hernandez when they picked up Lloyd the night he was killed.

 

   Another man who was with Hernandez that night, according to police, pleaded not guilty Monday to an accessory to murder charge in the case. Ernest Wallace, 41, of Miramar, Fla., will be held without bail until another hearing on July 22, under an agreement between his attorney and prosecutors.

Published in National News

Two O'Fallon, Missouri men face murder charges for their role in a fatal hit-and-run.

Prosecutors say Kevin Labraido Jr and Robert Bathe were involved in a busted drug deal that led to the accident in St. Charles County yesterday. The Police report says the two were trying to buy drugs from someone at the home to Tyler Pinner.

When Bathe and Labraido refused to pay for the drugs, Pinner tried to stop their vehicle. Pinner was dragged a short distance and then run over. Both men are charged with second-degree murder.

Published in Local News

A senseless murder in a neighborhood near downtown St. Louis.

Police say a man was shot several times when he went to answer a knock on the back door of his apartment. 35-year-old Mark Wells lived in the apartment at Samual Shepard and Leffingwell--several blocks northeast of Harris-Stowe University--with some of his kids. When he went to answer the door, police believe several suspects shot through the door and killed him.

Two of his boys were asleep upstairs when the shooting occurred. Evidence points towards multiple guns being used.

Police have no suspects and ask anyone with information to call Crimestoppers 1-866-371-TIPS.

 

Published in Local News

ST. LOUIS (AP) — A St. Louis man has been sentenced to life in prison plus 120 years for a deadly apartment shooting.

St. Louis Circuit Judge Michael David sentenced 36-year-old Donnell Rivers Friday for first-degree murder, first-degree assault, armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon.

The Post-Dispatch reports that Rivers fired into the apartment multiple times in December 2010, killing 26-year-old Cynthia Williams. None of the other three people in the apartment were hurt.

A statement from Williams' mother was read during the hearing. The statement said that Rivers "should never be allowed to hurt anyone else." An assistant circuit attorney also said that Rivers had been placed on parole four months before the shooting.

Published in Local News
Wednesday, 26 June 2013 17:52

Police seek car used in fatal shooting

Police are asking for help finding the car used by suspects in a fatal shooting on Tuesday.

Police say the suspect exited a dark green Audi A-6 near a North St. Louis halfway house, produced an assault rifle, and shot a victim in another car several times. The car is a dark green, 4-door, Audi A6 with heavily tinted windows. It has a .S. Government license plate #G122335K that was stolen from St. Louis City.

Anyone with information is asked to call the CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477).

Published in Local News

Latest News

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
Prev Next

Source: Haith front-runner for Tulsa job

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Missouri coach Frank Haith is in position to replace Danny Manning at Tulsa.   A person with knowledge of the situation at Tulsa says Haith is ...

Wainwright's 2-hitter leads Cards past Nats 8-0

Wainwright's 2-hitter leads Cards past Nats 8-0

  WASHINGTON (AP) -- Adam Wainwright threw a two-hitter Thursday night for his seventh career shutout, chipped in at the plate with a double and single, and St. Louis b...

Judge weights dismissal of lawsuit against Dan Rutherford

Judge weights dismissal of lawsuit against Dan Rutherfo…

CHICAGO (AP) - A federal judge has delayed a decision about granting Illinois Treasurer Dan Rutherford's request to throw out a lawsuit filed against him by a former employee. ...

Missouri lawmakers take on e-cigarette restrictions

Missouri lawmakers take on e-cigarette restrictions

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) - The Missouri House and Senate have each passed bills that would prevent people younger than 18 from purchasing electronic cigarettes.    ...

Man admits to burning dog in 2013

Man admits to burning dog in 2013

St. Louis, MO (KTRS) - A St. Louis man is headed to prison for burning a dog so badly, that the animal had to be put down.   Wesley Reid appeared in court Thursday ...

Illinois jobless rate at lowest level in five years

Illinois jobless rate at lowest level in five years

CHICAGO (AP) - State officials say unemployment in Illinois dropped in March to 8.4 percent. That's its lowest level since 2009.      The Illinois Departm...

Illinois gives early OK to $100M for Obama museum

CHICAGO (AP) - An Illinois House committee has advanced a plan to devote $100 million in state funds to help bring President Barack Obama's presidential museum and library to Ch...

Steve Stenger Nabs Labor Endorsement

St. Louis, MO --  Councilman Steve Stenger announced Thursday that he has received the St. Louis Labor Council's endorsement in the race for St. Louis County Executive. &nb...

© 2013 KTRS All Rights Reserved