UPDATED at 5:23 PM:
The man responsible for a four-hour standoff in Belleville this morning, is now facing charges.
The incident started when Dougford Butler allegedly attacked a woman from a previous relationship. He then drove off. Officers found that car outside a home and determined Butler was holed up in the house.
Around 11:30, Butler peacefully surrendered to police.
He is now charged with one count of home invasion and held on a half-million dollar bond.
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say three children are safe and a Trenton, N.J. neighborhood is secure after the resolution of a 36-hour standoff with a man barricaded inside a house.
Authorities won't say more about the hostage standoff, including how it ended or what became of the gunman, or give any information about the children until a morning news conference.
The standoff that started earlier today in Troy, Missouri, has come to a peaceful resolution.
A woman locked herself in a home after allegedly stabbing a man around 4 AM. Officers tried to talk the woman out of her house and KSDK reports that she was taken into custody around 10:30.
A South County man is in custody after an eight hour standoff with police that had included a SWAT team.
It started Thursday afternoon around 4:00 when a man barricaded himself in his Sunset Hills home on Old Gravois Road.
A police tactical unit was called in.
Sunset Hills Police police believe the issue that set the man off was a domestic dispute.
The man finally surrendered without incident around 12:15 Friday morning. His name hasn't been released.
The police say the man barricaded himself in his home and told officers he had weapons and explosives. The situation started around 4 AM and officers took him into custody just before 11 AM. The man was taken to the hospital and a bomb squad searched the home for explosives.
The suspected shooter, a male Marine, was killed from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound when authorities found his body inside a barracks building near the Officer Candidate School early this morning, Lt. Agustin Solivan told ABC News.
Authorities found a second victim dead in the Officer Candidate School, Solivan said. The gender of that Marine was not given.
The gunfire started at 11 p.m. Thursday when the suspected gunman killed a male Marine, Solivan said. The suspect barricaded himself inside a barracks building near the east side of the base near the Officer Candidate School, setting off a standoff with authorities.
The base had been put on lockdown but it has since been lifted.
"Marine Corps Base Quantico is Code Green at this time. All normal activities are cleared to resume," Quantico said on Twitter.
No further information on the victims have been released.
It had begun around 10:30 Monday morning. Police say an armed man in his 40s had barricaded himself inside a home in the 500 block of Woodthrust Street. Police say the man had threatened to take his own life, and possible attack police as well.
Police had tried to talk the man out, but moved in after negotiations broke down.
The man was taken to a hospital for observation.