BOSTON -- ABC News -- Authorities are close to identifying a suspect in the deadly Boston Marathon bombing, an official in Boston told ABC News.
ABC News' Boston affiliate, WCVB, reported a source had said a suspect has already been identified and an arrest is imminent. Surveillance video taken from cameras at a Lord & Taylor along the marathon route helped identify the suspect, WCVB said.
A pair of blasts erupted Monday afternoon near the finish line of the Boston Marathon, killing three people and injuring more than 170 others.
Authorities said they have been analyzing thousands of photos of the event and tracking down as many leads since the bombing. Tuesday ABC News reported part of a pressure cooker bomb had been recovered from the scene with wires, shrapnel and a circuit board. That evidence has been sent to the FBI lap in Quantico, Virginia for analysis, officials said.
RED WING, Minn. (AP) — Police in southeastern Minnesota are investigating after an infant's body was discovered in linens from a St. Paul hospital.
The Minneapolis Star-Tribune is reporting early Wednesday that the body of a full-term infant fell out of a bedsheet Tuesday afternoon at an industrial laundry in the town of Red Wing.
Red Wing Police Chief Roger Pohlman says hospital workers had removed the body and linens from Crothall Laundry before his officers arrived. He declined to name the hospital but said his office is in contact with St. Paul police and the Ramsey County medical examiner.
Pohlman says the linens had been delivered to Crothall no longer than two days ago.
BEIJING (AP) — A state-run Chinese newspaper says the third person killed in the Boston Marathon bombings is a Chinese graduate student at Boston University originally from China's northeastern city of Shenyang.
The Shenyang Evening News reported Wednesday on its official Twitter-like microblog account that the victim is named Lu Lingzi. An editor at the newspaper says that Lu's father confirmed his daughter's death when reporters visited the family home.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry and Consulate General in New York are not releasing the victim's name at the request of the family. But on Tuesday, Boston media quoted a Chinese Consulate General official as saying Chinese national Lu Lingzi was missing in the wake of the bombings that killed three and wounded more than 170 people.