Saturday is International Pillow Fight Day and fluffy faceoffs are planned across the globe, including St. Louis. It's part of the urban playground movement where groups organize free, fun, non-commercial public events for all ages. Besides the Gateway City, pillow fights will take place in several other U.S. cities, including Washington, DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Boston and Los Angeles. There will also be events in London, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, and Rome, just to name a few.
The St. Louis Pillow Fight will begin at 2pm at Cricket Field in Forest Park (Southeast corner of the intersection of Grand Dr. and Cricket Dr. This is very close to the parking lots in front of the MUNY, near Dwight Davis Tennis Center and close to the Visitor Center. The field is #3 on the map.
This event is open to and appropriate for all ages.
1) First and foremost: NO violence - This is a loving event.
2) Soft pillows only. No zippers, snaps, anything. Just regular pillows. (Tip: Pillows in pillow cases allow for better swinging arc)
3) Swing with love
4) Do not swing at anyone without a pillow or holding a camera
5) Remove your glasses before you jump in
6) NO FEATHERS. Let's not make a mess.
7) DON'T LEAVE YOUR PILLOWS BEHIND. STL Improv Anywhere doesn't wanna clean them up!
8) Be cool
9) Costumes are highly encouraged ;)
DISCLAIMER: All people attending this event do so at their own risk. You are all responsible for your own welfare (and that of others) as well as the preservation of public and personal property. The creators and promoters of this event accept no liability for the actions of its participants.
Get more information at the 2013 Pillow Fight Day website.