An Affton man admitted to giving alcohol to his preteen stepson just hours before the boy drowned in the Meramec River.
Todd Combs told prosecutors he had supplied alcohol to several minors, including 12-year-old Christopher Marks, on August 5 of last year. The family was having a picnic in the Pacific Palisades conservation area. Family members told police Marks went to use a rope swing by the river, but never returned.
After days of searching, teams found the boy's body miles downstream.
Combs will be sentenced next month for seven counts of child endangerment.
Lambert Airport is being rewarded for what analysts are calling "prudent fiscal management".
The Fitch Ratings Agency upgraded the facilities credit rating to BBB+. The rating cited stability in air traffic and an adequate ability to meet financial commitments.
Fitch assigns ratings that range from D at the low end up to AAA. BBB+ is considered in to be at the high end of mid-grade investments.
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Public school administrators say some local districts would have to raise property taxes if they're forced to cover the cost of teacher pensions.
The school officials testified Thursday at a special hearing called by House Speaker Michael Madigan.
The Chicago Democrat says suburban and downstate districts get a "free lunch" because the state pays their teacher pension costs. He says Illinois is in grave financial trouble and the districts must be part of the solution.
The administrators say potential tax increases would depend on how much money districts have and how much of the burden the state shifts to districts.
Public university representatives also testified Thursday. They say the change could result in a 2 percent tuition increase.
Madigan has vowed to address the issue before the General Assembly adjourns.
A home improvement project is being blamed for the explosion at a St. Peters home.
Officials with the Cottleville Fire Protection District say a contractor was working to refinish a concrete floor, but did not have adequate ventilation. The contractor also said the hot water heater was left on, prompting the explosion.
The house will need major work before it is livable again.