Listen Now ButtonListen Live Now!

Mailing List ButtonSign up for our Mailing List!

10-01-2016 LSU Pregame

Several sent to hospital after ammonia lead at Brentwood ice rink

Local

Several sent to hospital after ammonia lead at Brentwood ice rink

(KTRS) – Several people were taken to the hospital after an ammonia leak was reported at the ice rink inside the Brentwood Recreation Complex. The Post-Dispatch reports that eight people, including three firefighters and a city employee were hospitalized. Ammonia exposure can result in burns to the skin and can be fatal if the gas […]

Several sent to hospital after ammonia lead at Brentwood ice rink

(KTRS) – Several people were taken to the hospital after an ammonia leak was reported at the ice rink inside the Brentwood Recreation Complex.

The Post-Dispatch reports that eight people, including three firefighters and a city employee were hospitalized. Ammonia exposure can result in burns to the skin and can be fatal if the gas is inhaled. The chemical is frequently used as a refrigerant at ice rinks. No word on how severe any injuries are.

Share:
  • googleplus
  • linkedin
  • tumblr
  • rss
  • pinterest
  • mail

By Colin Jeffery

There are 0 comments

Leave a comment

Want to express your opinion?
Leave a reply!

Error, no group ID set! Check your syntax!