WEEKDAYS 5-6 AM CST
Dave can be heard 5 days a week with Markets and News starting at 5:00am and then again with market up-dates at 10am and noon. Dave is also the owner and managing auctioneer of Schumacher Auctions, Inc. conducting auctions throughout the United States for the past 25 years. He is well known in the St. Louis area for his participation in numerous charitable auctions such as the St. Louis Cardinals Winter Warm-ups, the Matthew Dickey Organization, American Cancer Society, and many more.
- RIN Stocks Part II - 'Healthy' Levels
Building on the discussion of RIN pricing and stock holding (here) we explore what a 'healthy' RIN bank may look like,...
- Video: Corn's Nitrogen Needs
Brian & Darren go over corn's needs for nitrogen.
- Video: Iron Talk - Planting Population App
Darren shows how this app can help figure out how many plants are in your field.
- Video: In Furrow Soybean Fertilizer
Brian & Darren discuss fertilizing soybeans in-row during planting.
- Video: Farm Basics - Spray Timing
Brian & Darren go over the best times to spray your weeds.
- Video: Harvest - Claresholm, Alberta 2013
Harvest Claresholm, Alberta 2013
- Schnitkey : Illinois Prospective Plantings In 2014 With Historical Comparisons
In recent years, there have been shifts in corn and soybean acres in Illinois. Between 1998 and 2013, corn acres have...
- Programs For Beginning Farmers and Ranchers from USDA and SDDA
The average age of principal farm operators in the US increased from 54 years-of-age in 1997 to 57 years-of-age in 2007 ...
- Video:Intelligent Planting Solutions
With John Deere attachments you can upgrade your planter to make the most of your equipment.
- Video:Livestock Marketing - Derrell Peel
Derrell Peel looks at wholesale and fed cattle markets, as well as the factors that could impact seasonal beef prices. ...
- Meeting the Cows’ Nutritional Needs After Calving
The cows needs to recover from calving and start cycling again during that time period while at the same time providing...
- Economic Depreciation For Farm Equipment And Machinery
In 2013, strong US commodity prices, relatively low interest rates, and enhanced tax deductions led to robust sales of...
- Livestock Comments By Dr. Andrew P. Griffith
Fed cattle traded lower on a live basis compared to last week. Prices on a live basis were 6 to 8 while dressed...
- Video:Use Dairy Benchmarks to Improve Your Operation
Why is benchmarking important?
- Spring Planting Delays From Wet Conditions Not Yet A Concern
Despite the wet conditions that have affected many Ohio corn fields so far this season, growers who haven't started...
- Growers Need To Monitor The Condition Of Stored Grain
Farmers who have grain from last growing season still in storage this spring need to closely monitor its condition -...
- Managing Winter-Damaged Wheat
Growers are faced with difficult decisions as winter has taken a toll on many winter wheat fields.
- Video: Milk Production Research at USDA
USDA's Agricultural Research Service is doing innovative research to help farmers get more production from livestock for...
- Video: Update on New and Upcoming Videos, Peterson Farm Bros Show, Growing Season Trailer
Growing Season is a one of a kind docudrama about the Bartak family from Nebraska. Get a behind-the-scenes look at the...
- Effect of Bacillus spp. direct-fed microbials on fecal VFA concentrations, growth performance, and carcass characteristics of growing-finishing pigs
Neil Jaworski, a Ph. D. candidate in the Stein Monogastric Nutrition Laboratory, presents results of his research into...